here are a few things i have learned in the 12 days that i have been a mother:
1. i never knew how many things i could do one handed while still holding a baby securely.
2. my threshold of tolerance for bodily fluids has dramatically increased. it is amazing how much spit up and baby pee one can actually come in contact with before it even crosses the mind as a reason to get into the shower.
3. babies love breastmilk.
4. engorgement is not a force to be reconed with. (see picture below.)
5. holding a sweet baby for hours a day and staring at his angelic face is a proper way to spend hours every day.
6. completing a full load of diaper laundry makes you feel like you are a champion of time management.
7. cloth diapers are totally worth it, and most adorable.
8. laundry will now dominate my life. i have already changed my sheets more in 12 days than i would have in a month. spit up is no joke.
9. it is amazing how quickly you forget how it feels to be pregnant.
10. in one days time span, i have the though: "i cant believe a precious angelic being actually came out of my body", about 350 times.
11. time appears to be more precious than i ever knew.
12. knitting while breastfeeding is a little more complicated that i had imagined.... my february 12 in 12 sweater has been benched more times than i would have ever imagined.
here is my wooled up 5 day old babe. and here is me in all of my engorgement/ 5 days post birth body glory in my january 12 in 12 sweater. it is the february lady sweater.
ppps. it was 68 degrees when we took this picture, so do not think i am freezing my baby outside.